Sunday, October 23, 2016

It really feels good when someone notices the changes you've made!!

Over the last couple days I have run into some old friends, both of whom commented on how much healthier I'm eating and how much healthier I look and it really feels good!!

Yesterday I spent the day at the Ski Patrol medical refresher and learned one of my old bosses is also on the patrol.  It has been almost 2 years since he retired, and almost as long since I had seen him.  At lunch he made a comment at how healthy I was eating.  For a snack in the morning I had some cottage cheese and raspberries, a little later I had a couple hard boiled eggs and an apple.  For lunch I had my usual Wilderness Athlete Meal Replacement Shake.  This is a normal thing for me.  There were cookies and candy available, plus soda, but I had absolutely no desire to have any of it.

This morning I took the family to the Run for Education, a fundraising event for local schools.  When I was running back to the Jeep to unload some things prior to the race starting I ran in to another old friend I had not seen in a year.  This is a guy I did Search and Rescue with for years and saw on a regular basis for a very long time.  The last time I saw him was during Logan's treatment when I had put a hell of a lot of weight back on.  In talking with him he said how much better I looked as well.  It really made me feel good again.

To top it all off I ran another personal best this morning, so I am really feeling good today!!  I pushed Logan in his stroller while running the 10K and finished a little over 4 minutes faster compared to the last 10K I ran back in May and averaged under a 12 minute mile yet again.  It's amazing what you can accomplish when you really set your mind to something!!

Have a great day, I know I will!!

No comments:

Post a Comment