Friday, October 28, 2016

Half way done!!

As of yesterday I have completed 6 weeks of this program and I'm still feeling good.  This was the first week I didn't hit my 2 pound goal, but I'm not letting it get to me.  Overall I'm down just under 14 pounds so I'm averaging over 2 pounds a week, so I'm still happy.  This week I was down 1.5 pounds, which is still decent, but my clothes are fitting me much better which is what this is about.  I haven't had a chance to take measurements yet, so we will see how those go.

This week has been interesting because of my new workout programming.  On Sunday I started the Military Athlete Fortitude plan and I can feel the difference already.  This is mainly because I have never been a big bench press guy and Tuesday I spent a ton of time on the bench and I'm feeling it in my chest and shoulders.  I went with this program because it combines some strict strength work, bench and deadlift, high rep work capacity workouts and running, all which fits my goals.  My running is also improving tremendously, I ran 4 miles of trails in the rain yesterday and still averaged mid 12 minute miles after a full day of work, so that is keeping me happy.

Overall I am very happy with my progress.  I'm hoping to be below 260 pounds and have less then 30% body fat by the time I'm done the beginning of December.  I also hope to improve my strength and get my first pull-up ever by that time as well.  That is the huge part for me, I can actually see myself hitting some of these goals I have had for a very long time, all thanks to some hard work and great support.

Here's to seeing if I can keep this up and reach some more goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment