Friday, October 21, 2016

Another week down and still keeping after it!

Well, I finished another week and I'm down a couple pounds and a couple inches, but definitely not where I want to be.  Between work, school, family and weather, I haven't gotten my workouts in like I want, but I am keeping up with the clean eating.  I have always heard, but never believed that diet was the biggest part of this, and I am truly understanding that now!!

At this point, 5 weeks in,  I'm down to 268 pounds, which is close to the lowest I've been in a very long time and it feels good.  My clothes fit so much better, I feel better except for being tired due to going non-stop.  On my runs I'm hitting consistent sub 12 minute miles which has always been a goal of mine.  I know I can improve this as I drop more weight and get more runs in.  I'm also trying to work out more, but I haven't found my rhythm yet.

One of the issues I have run in to over time is finding programming that works for me and matches my goals.  I have always loved CrossFit and Train to Hunt workouts, but I love to get my runs in as well.  With my upcoming ski season I began looking for some exercises to prep for the season when I came across the Mountain Athlete website.  In going through their stuff they've got a ton of programming, some with wide goals and some with very narrow goals.  And unlike a lot of programming I've looked at, they don't hit just one area, they've got a whole gamut of programming for not just athletes, but the working athletes........military, public safety, mountain guides, etc.  After a few emails back and forth I ended up going with a 6 week military plan which I will start here in the next day or two.  It's got everything I enjoy.........some heavy lifting, short and long distance running, weighted pack runs and some strength-endurance workouts.  I'm looking forward to getting some direction and combination in my workouts and continuing to improve myself through this!

Let me know what you think or if you have questions.  Yes I'm doing this to improve myself, but at the same time I want to help others reach their goals!!

No comments:

Post a Comment